• Author: Christine Conrad
    • Format: hardcover, 230 pages
    • Genres: france, fiction, love, novels
    • Release date: January 4, 2006
    • Language: english
    • ISBN: 9780618574797 (0618574794)
    • Publisher: Houghton Mifflin

About The Book

Tim Reinhart enters a wondrous new world the moment he buys a farmhouse in the country of France, region of Quercy, department of Lot. Or, in his marvelous words, “From the moment I saw this property, I had a bead on it. I can’t completely explain why, but I had an intense feeling of belonging.” He has given up his teaching life in New York and begun working as the artist he’s always wanted to be.

Letters written to his family back home sweep the reader up in Tim’s schooling in, and awakening to, the pastoral French lifestyle. From the attention to food (meals seem to Tim a semireligious rite) to the delightfully quirky neighbors who appear to spring straight out of a Balzac novel, we share Tim’s ever-growing pleasures and adventures.

But his enchantment with this foreign land becomes far more complicated when his drawings — and then Tim himself — catch the eye of Mademoiselle Benoir, a beautiful, aristocratic woman twenty years his senior. Their decision to marry sets off a cluster bomb, uncovering incendiary layers of emotional and cultural complexity on both sides of the Atlantic, as his family tries to reason with him, her family declares war, and the villagers choose sides. Will tradition triumph over love?

Inspired by a true story, this is a delicious stew with something for everyone.

Christine Conrad has worked as the New York City film commissioner, as an editor in book publishing, as a screenwriter for motion pictures and television, and as an advocate for women’s health. Her most recent book, Jerome Robbins, is a pictorial biography inspired by her long friendship with the choreographer.

Online ebook Mademoiselle Benoir buy cheap. FB2 book Mademoiselle Benoir by Christine Conrad on iPhone on Booktopia. Hardcover Mademoiselle Benoir Christine Conrad download PC on Kobo. FictionBook book Mademoiselle Benoir read online.

Paperback Mademoiselle Benoir by Christine Conrad. PDF ebook Mademoiselle Benoir read for iOS on Amazon. TXT ebook Mademoiselle Benoir Christine Conrad buy on iPad on Dymocks. MP3 Mademoiselle Benoir download.

MOBI book Mademoiselle Benoir by Christine Conrad download on Books-a-Million. Hardback Mademoiselle Benoir read online for Android. EPUB book Mademoiselle Benoir Christine Conrad buy cheap PocketBook on Powells. Online ebook Mademoiselle Benoir.

#8557 返信
    556health
    ゲスト

Print the Legend: The Life and Times of John Ford ~ Scott Eyman ~ 9780801865602

2件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 2件目 (全2件中)
返信先: Mademoiselle Benoir – MOBI download — 9780618574797
あなたの情報: