• #7860 返信
    Beth Campbell
    ゲスト

A Quest for Godliness
    by J.I. Packer

A Quest for Godliness — Click Here

• Author: J.I. Packer
    • ISBN: 9780891078197 (0891078193)
    • Genres: theology, christian, history, christianity, religion, spirituality, biography
    • Publisher: Crossway Books
    • Format: paperback, 368 pages
    • Language: english
    • Release date: June 15, 1994

About The Book

J. I. Packer has had a long-standing passion for the Puritans. Their understanding of God and His ways with man has largely formed his own spirituality and theological outlook. In A Quest for Godliness, the esteemed author of Knowing God and a dozen other books shares with his readers the rich world of Puritanism that has been so influential in his own life.

Dr. Packer masterfully uncovers the hidden treasures of Puritan life and thought. With crystalline clarity he reveals the depth and breadth of Puritan spiritual life, contrasting it with the superficiality and deadness of modern Western Christianity.

Drawing on a lifetime of study, Dr. Packer takes the reader on a survey of the lives and teachings of great Puritan leaders such as John Owen, Richard Baxter, and Jonathan Edwards. He offers a close look at such subjects as the Puritan view of the Bible, spiritual gifts, the Sabbath, worship, social action, and the family. He concludes that a main difference between the Puritans and ourselves is spiritual maturity — the Puritans had it; we don’t.

In a time of failing vision and decaying values, this powerful portrait of Puritans is a beacon of hope that calls us to radical commitment and action when both are desperately needed.

A Quest for Godliness is a profoundly moving and challenging exploration of Puritan life and thought in a beautifully written book. Here is J. I. Packer at his very best.

FictionBook book A Quest for Godliness by J.I. Packer for PC on Powells. TXT ebook A Quest for Godliness read. MP3 A Quest for Godliness J.I. Packer buy reader on Audible. FB2 book A Quest for Godliness download.

MOBI ebook A Quest for Godliness download on IndieBound. Hardback A Quest for Godliness J.I. Packer on Mac. Online A Quest for Godliness read online Android on Walmart. PDF book A Quest for Godliness by J.I. Packer buy cheap.

Paperback ebook A Quest for Godliness by J.I. Packer read online on Bookshop. Hardcover A Quest for Godliness on iPad. EPUB book A Quest for Godliness buy on Book Depository. PDF ebook A Quest for Godliness J.I. Packer download for Kindle.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: A Quest for Godliness by J.I. Packer — PDF download
あなたの情報: