📕 My Brother’s Passion – Click Here 📕

• Format: hardcover, 144 pages
    • Author: D. James Smith
    • Release date: October 1, 2004
    • Publisher: Permanent Press (NY)
    • ISBN: 9781579621070 (1579621074)
    • Language: english

About The Book

Of Smith’s previous work, poet Dorianne Laux has written, “It is said that, because there was no moon, Van Gogh painted Starry Night with candles stuck in his hat band. This new fiction has that feel, that kind of blurred swirl, a hard-won beauty that emerges from a patient struggle with the dark.” In this small gem of a novel, a thoughtful boy on the lip of adolescence struggles to make sense of the evil that resides in his small town. Told with brilliant, lyric push this tale reveals the unconscious rush that childhood is, that nagging dream that still persists because it means something to the heart. At twelve, this boy floats quietly through his world, voyeur to the complexities that both bind and tear his seemingly placid community. He follows his father, a staunch Baptist, when he joins a strike at the town’s one plant, follows his mother, an Asian war bride, who wants most it seems to erase herself, tracks the mystery of a young prostitute he hopes can heal his older brother who is adrift after a tour in Viet Nam. This book tells of a rape, a brutal murder, a storm, and a church, while portraying the complex emotional landscape that lies beneath the ordinary headlines printed about anyplace in America. An unflinching witness to a harsher beauty than most admit, it earns the hope found, surprisingly, in its swift, inevitable conclusion.

Online ebook My Brother’s Passion read on PocketBook on Barnes & Noble. Hardcover My Brother’s Passion by D. James Smith buy. PDF book My Brother’s Passion D. James Smith on Booktopia. TXT ebook My Brother’s Passion download for Android. MOBI My Brother’s Passion buy cheap Mac.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (PDF) My Brother’s Passion by D. James Smith
あなたの情報: