• このトピックは空です。
2件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 2件目 (全2件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #8599 返信
    Andrew Ricks
    ゲスト

New Haven Noir
    by Amy Bloom, Michael Cunningham, Jessica Speart, Chandra Prasad, David Rich, Hirsh Sawhney, Roxana Robinson, Stephen L. Carter, John Crowley, Alice Mattison, Chris Knopf, Jonathan Stone, Sarah Pemberton Strong, Karen E. Olson

New Haven Noir ~ CLICK HERE

• Publisher: Akashic Books
    • Release date: August 1, 2017
    • Language: english
    • Format: paperback, 288 pages
    • Author: Amy Bloom, Michael Cunningham, Jessica Speart, Chandra Prasad, David Rich, Hirsh Sawhney, Roxana Robinson, Stephen L. Carter, John Crowley, Alice Mattison, Chris Knopf, Jonathan Stone, Sarah Pemberton Strong, Karen E. Olson
    • Genres: fiction, mystery
    • ISBN: 9781617755415 (1617755419)

About The Book

Brand-new stories by: Michael Cunningham, Roxana Robinson, Stephen L. Carter, John Crowley, Amy Bloom, Alice Mattison, Chris Knopf, Jonathan Stone, Sarah Pemberton Strong, Karen E. Olson, Jessica Speart, Chandra Prasad, David Rich, and Hirsh Sawhney.

New Haven may be best known for Yale University, but its criminal dimensions run as deep as anywhere else on the Eastern Seaboard. Whether the setting is a college campus, the waterfront, East Rock, The Hill, or Wooster Square, the stories in this volume bring the full city to life — and death.

From editor Amy Bloom:

New Haven in not a tourist kind of town. Yes, if you want to see the Cushing brain collection of 400 brains-in-jars (with another 150 planned for display), including artifacts like the piece of steak signed (if that’s the word) — using an electrosurgical knife — by Ivan Pavlov, and plenty of infant skulls. Also, more transcendently, you can visit beautiful Beinecke Library, a six-story tower of translucent marble, instead of mere glass, protecting the rare books, including my favorite, the Voynich manuscript, written centuries ago in what seems to be a fictional language with drawings of plants that don’t exist. Also, for the picnickers, the tomb of Midnight Mary in the eighty-five-acre Evergreen Cemetery, right off Ella T. Grasso Boulevard. On her gravestone, it reads: The people shall be troubled at midnight and pass away.

It’s a noir kind of town.

I love New Haven. I asked other writers who have the same odd, deep affection for the city that I do to tell me their stories. Michael Cunningham, Roxana Robinson, Stephen L. Carter, Alice Mattison, John Crowley. And more. We’ve got the darkly funny, the darker, the ineffable, and the deeply brooding. What we’ve got for you, right here … is New Haven.

Hardback New Haven Noir read on Kindle. MP3 ebook New Haven Noir Amy Bloom buy cheap on IndieBound. MOBI book New Haven Noir on Book Depository.

TXT book New Haven Noir by Amy Bloom download reader. Paperback New Haven Noir buy for iPad. EPUB ebook New Haven Noir Amy Bloom download on Kobo.

#8603 返信
    556health
    ゲスト

Tides of Consent: How Public Opinion Shapes American Politics by James A. Stimson – 9780521601177

2件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 2件目 (全2件中)
返信先: (Audiobook) New Haven Noir : 9781617755415
あなたの情報: