2020年11月29日 2:29 PM #7182Matthew Sullivanゲスト
Culinary Recipes of Medieval England
by Constance B. Hieatt
- Author: Constance B. Hieatt
- Format: hardcover, 216 pages
- Publisher: Prospect Books
- Language: english
- Release date: October 12, 2013
- Genres: cookbooks
- ISBN: 9781909248304 (1909248304)
About The Book
• An epitomy of all surviving English medieval recipes • The great advantage for students of medieval English cookery is that there is an identifiable corpus of evidence in the manuscripts that have survived to the present day. Although there may be some new discoveries, in general terms the corpus is relatively stable. The beauty of this book is that it addresses the corpus as a whole and abstracts from it paradigm recipes for every medieval dish that we know about. The book is organised by category of dish (Pottage; Meat Dishes; Poultry and Game Birds; Fish; Eggs and Dairy Dishes; Sauces and Condiments, and Baked Dishes). For each dish the editor has chosen what is in her view the most typical example and, citing the source, translates the original text.
TXT book Culinary Recipes of Medieval England Constance B. Hieatt download for Android on Barnes & Noble. MOBI Culinary Recipes of Medieval England read. Online ebook Culinary Recipes of Medieval England by Constance B. Hieatt buy cheap on reader. PDF ebook Culinary Recipes of Medieval England on Amazon. EPUB Culinary Recipes of Medieval England Constance B. Hieatt read online.