(MOBI) Shi’ism and Social Protest by Juan R.I. Cole – 9780300035537

ホーム フォーラム ココアミ!メンバー掲示板 (MOBI) Shi’ism and Social Protest by Juan R.I. Cole – 9780300035537

• このトピックは空です。
1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #7192 返信
    Karen Louviere
    ゲスト

Shi’ism and Social Protest
    by Juan R.I. Cole

🔗 Shi’ism and Social Protest — CLICK HERE 🔗

• Language: english
    • Release date: May 1, 1986
    • Genres: islam
    • Author: Juan R.I. Cole
    • Publisher: Yale University Press
    • Format: paperback, 352 pages
    • ISBN: 9780300035537 (0300035535)

About The Book

Shi’i Muslims, who make up eleven percent of the population of Islamic nations, have produced more than their share of political activism — from the Iranian revolution in 1978-79 to a series of dramatic individual actions, most recently in Lebanon.  Why has Twelver Shi’ism changed from quietism to an active involvement in politics?  How will Shi’i political activism affect the struggle in and for Lebanon, the Iran-Iraq war, Soviet attitudes toward Afghanistan and Iran, and United States policies toward the Middle East?

This timely and important book is the first overview of Shi’i political activism in each of the countries where it has been significant.  The contributors to the volume — scholars with wide-ranging expertise — here present up-to-date information on the factors involved in the recent rise of Shi’i activism.  Surprisingly, the authors find that national identities have often been more important for Shi’i Muslims than transnational religious solidarity; Shi’is in most countries have mobilized for greater participation in their nation’s resources and political life rather than for Shi’i separatism or clerical rule.  According to the authors, Shi’is have not by any means reached a final point in their political activities; their political future depends largely on the degree to which the demands and desires of their local groups are met.

“A useful guide to the largely unexplored terrain of Shi’i history and tradition behind today’s headlines in the Middle East.”

— Gary G. Sick, author of All Fall Down

FictionBook Shi’ism and Social Protest buy on Dymocks. Hardback ebook Shi’ism and Social Protest Juan R.I. Cole read online on PocketBook. EPUB book Shi’ism and Social Protest by Juan R.I. Cole download Android on Walmart. MOBI book Shi’ism and Social Protest. MP3 Shi’ism and Social Protest on Amazon.

PDF ebook Shi’ism and Social Protest by Juan R.I. Cole download for iPhone. FB2 book Shi’ism and Social Protest Juan R.I. Cole read on Audible. Hardcover Shi’ism and Social Protest buy cheap PC. Online ebook Shi’ism and Social Protest download. Paperback book Shi’ism and Social Protest by Juan R.I. Cole on reader on Bookshop.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (MOBI) Shi’ism and Social Protest by Juan R.I. Cole – 9780300035537
あなたの情報: